The 5 Finalists selected for the 2015 European Prize for Contemporary Architecture- Mies van der Rohe Award 2015 are:
- Danish Maritime Museum by BIG ( Bjarke Ingels Group), project located in Helsingør, Denmark. (project description here)
- Antinori Winery by Archea Associati, project located in Firenze, Italy. (project description here)
- Saw Swee Hock Student Centre, London School of Economics by O’Donnell + Tuomey architects, project located in London, United Kingdom. (project description here)
- Ravensburg Art Museum by Lederer Ragnarsdóttir Oei, project located in Ravensburg, Germany. (project description here)
- Philarmonic Hall Szczecin by Barozzi / Veiga arquitects, project located in Szczecin,
Poland. ( project description here )
The Prize, one of the most prestigious awards in international architecture, will be presented on May 8, 2015. The exhibition with the 40 shortlisted and 420 nominees can be visited at the Barcelona School of Architecture (ETSAB) until March 19. Find also all the projects here. Save the date on May 7 and 8 for the finalists’ lectures, the exhibition opening and the ceremony celebration and the Winner.
Antoni Vives, President of the Fundació Mies van der Rohe and Deputy Mayor of Barcelona said "This edition of the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture Mies van der Rohe, confirms the high quality of European architecture, its creative and innovative potential and its ability to adapt to social, political and economic changes. Barcelona is committed to a sustainable urban development and as a promoter and organizer of the Prize together with the European Commission it supports the values of contemporary architecture and those professionals who are committed to building our cities."